Buttonwillow Raceway Track Events - October 24-25, 2020
Bring out the family sedan, a special car you have in the garage or your daily driver and put it to it’s paces out on track at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. All you need is a helmet and a safe car and you can go out and enjoy the track. Instructors on hand will show you the correct way around and teach you braking points and turn in points to make you a overall great driver. You will not find a better price for track time!
Registration now open: CLICK HERE
• DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE • DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM • VIEW CHAIRMAN'S NOTES
CONTACT Time Trial Chief - Jim Cuyle at email@example.com or the CAL CLUB office Ceci at CalClubHQ@CalClub.com and visit Time Trials on the website for more info.
Alternative Driving School: Oct. 24-25, 2020
What: Have you been doing track days, autocross, or karting and are ready to earn your road racing competition license? Did you have a previous competition license that has not been renewed in a few years? If so, this is the school for you! Cal Club Region’s Alternative Driving School will help you obtain your SCCA Novice Permit (Competition License) in one fun weekend – all in a street car!
Students will be assigned an instructor who will observe on track performance and evaluate your sessions with you. You will also be taught the meaning of all racing flags as well as the ins and outs of SCCA’s racing procedures. Then, if you earn a passing grade from the instructor, you can apply for an SCCA Novice Permit, allowing you to race in any one of hundreds of SCCA road races around the country.
Where: Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow, Calif.
When: Oct. 24-25, 2020
• SCCA Membership
• A helmet Helmets certified as meeting the applicable Snell, FIA, or SFI standards are acceptable. Acceptable standards include: Snell ratings SA2015, SA2010, SAH2010, SA2005, M2015, M2010, M2005, K2015, K2010 and K2005
o SFI ratings 31.1, 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, and 41.2A, and 24.1 o ECE R22.5
o FIA 88602010, 88592015, and 88602004
o British Spec BS665885 type A
• Closed Toe Shoes
• Racing gloves are recommended but not required. Full Driver’s gear if driving a race car is highly recommended.
• Eligibility of vehicles: All vehicles must provide factory original (or better) seats that are securely mounted, seatbelts (SFI or FIA rated are recommended), and roll over protection for driver.
• T-top and Targa top vehicles are allowed.
• Convertible vehicles shall meet the requirements of the SCCA 2020 Track Event Rules Section IV 1.2 see rules CLICK HERE
• Vehicles that are in compliance with road racing (closed wheel only), Solo, rally, or Track Event rules are allowed.
• Highly recommend that drivers of open top vehicles use arm restraints.
• Those 15- to 17-years old will need a Minor Waiver on File with SCCA.
Cost: $395.00 ENTER HERE • DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE • DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM • VIEW CHAIRMAN'S NOTES